Assistant, Business Office
Perform all assigned registration, admission and billing counter activities. Ensure that the department meets or exceeds its objectives.
- Assist with registration of patients or admission as ordered and to ensure that patient information is recorded.
- Ensure that payment is collected, outstanding patient bills are paid and to submit all collections including cash, cheques, credit card slips and refund vouchers at the end of every shift.
- Ensure that patient information and charges are recorded correctly including registration fee, consultant’s fees, room and board etc.
- Guide patients on their insurance coverage and the required procedures.
- Work closely with the credit control team for issuance of guarantee letter from the insurance company and follow up with the progress of any additional enquiries that may follow (top up guarantee letter from insurance and additional questionnaires).
- Well versed with billing, accounting and business office duties.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Hardworking, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Work experience in any related field will be an added advantage