The Pharmacy Technician generally performs the task required in support of the Pharmacy operations in accordance with approved hospital policies and procedures.
- Dispensing duties include packing, labelling, checking and collecting assembled prescriptions.
- Review the appropriateness of the prescription and verify with the prescriber if necessary.
- Counsel patient on proper medication administration & technique (where applicable) and advice on appropriate storage conditions.
- Checking and supplying ward stocks to wards and other departments.
- Diploma in Pharmacy from recognized institutions
- Minimum (2) years of experience
- Previous experience in a hospital setting is an added advantage.