We recognise that each patient has unique health care needs and we encourage patients at CVSKL to speak openly with the healthcare team, take part in treatment choices and promote safety by being well informed and involved in their care.
As a partner in overall care, we want you to know your rights as well your responsibilities during your stay at our hospital.
You have the right to:
- Receive considerate, respectful and compassionate care in a safe setting regardless of your age, gender, race, nationality, religion and disabilities.
- Respect for your cultural, spiritual and personal values, beliefs and preferences.
- Receive care in an environment free from all sorts of abuse, neglect and mistreatment.
- Have someone remain with you for emotional support during your hospital stay, unless your visitor’s presence compromises your or others’ rights or safety e.g ICU / HDU
- Know the name of the doctor/provider who has primary responsibility for coordinating your care and the names and professional relationships of other doctors, nurses and all health care team members providing your care.
- Services of an interpreter, if required, with advance notification (fees may apply)
- Be informed about your health status, diagnosis, course of treatment, benefits and risks of treatment and the expected outcome for treatment, including unanticipated outcomes.
- Give us written informed consent before any non-emergency procedure commences.
- Request or refuse treatment, to the extent permitted by law. However, you do not have the right to demand inappropriate or medically unnecessary treatment or services or to not cooperate with the care necessary for your safety based on the plan of care.
- Be given appropriate assessment and management of your pain and be involved in decisions to treat your pain.
- Respect for your privacy and to have a chaperone for any type of exam.
- Confidential treatment of all communications and records pertaining to your care and stay in the hospital to the extent required by law.
- Request for your medical report from the Doctor, at a chargeable fee.
- Give or refuse consent for recordings, photographs, films or other images to be produced or used for internal or external purposes other than identification, diagnosis or treatment.
- Updated on the bill status and receive a copy upon request.
- Share your concerns about the care you receive with your doctor, nurse manager or department manager.
You have the responsibility to:
- Provide complete and accurate personal details including information about your health, medical history, medications, allergies and other matters that pertain to your health, including perceived risks.
- Speak up and ask questions when you do not understand information or instructions. If you cannot follow through with your treatment plan you have to tell your doctor. You are responsible for outcomes if you do not follow the care and treatment plan.
- Inform your doctor or nurse if you have pain and do not suffer silently nor self-medicate to relief your pain whilst your stay in the hospital
- Keep your healthcare provider informed if you intend to go for organ donation or if you are already a registered donor
- Follow CVSKL’s rules, regulations and policies affecting patient care and conduct.
- Be considerate of CVSKL’s facilities and equipment and to use them in such a manner so as not to abuse them.
- Treat all hospital staff, other patients and visitors with courtesy, respect, mindful of noise levels, privacy and number of visitors.
- Leave valuables at home and bring only necessary items for your hospital stay.
- Keep appointments, be on time and call ahead to CVSKL if you are unable to keep your appointment.
- Pay bills promptly to ensure your financial obligations for your healthcare are fulfilled.
To express compliments, comments and concerns, you may contact:
Customer Service Department,
Cardiac Vascular Sentral Kuala Lumpur (CVSKL),
Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, Kuala Lumpur Sentral,
50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel. No. : +603 2276 7099
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to speak to our Patient Liaison & Customer Service, kindly contact (Direct Line No.: +603 2276 7100). For after office hours, you may speak to our Duty Nurse Administrator (General Line No.: +603 2276 7000).
If you have a grievance and do not accept our resolution or believe that our response is not satisfactory, you have the right for an authority review by writing escalating to the director-general of the Ministry of Health Malaysia.
Block E1, E3, E6, E7, E10, Federal Government
Administration Centre, 62590 Putrajaya, Malaysia.
Tel. No. : +603 8000 8000
Email : email@example.com