The coronary arteries supply blood, nutrients and oxygen to your heart. Coronary Artery Disease (CAD) result when cholesterol-containing plaques start building up and cause a narrowing of your coronary arteries. Eventually, this decreases the blood flow to your heart and may cause shortness of breath, chest pain (angina) or other related signs and symptoms. A complete blockage in the arteries can cause a heart attack without warning signs.
At CVSKL, we believe early detection allows for early intervention and thus, a better outcome. Together, our NICL (Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Lab) & Radiology team perform a variety of specialized diagnostics tests which will assist our doctors in making an accurate diagnosis. Our team is committed to providing high quality care for our patients.
Located on the first floor, CVSKL houses the latest Revolution Apex CT scanner, which creates detailed images enabled by the latest advances in science and technology.
The CT scanner combines a series of high-quality x-ray images taken from different angles around your body and uses digital processing to create cross-sectional images (slices) of the bones, blood vessels and soft tissues inside your body. From these images, our team of doctors are able to:
- Perform a coronary calcium scan to survey all the vessels of the heart for a heart attack risk
- Identify vulnerable deposits of plaque in the heart & surrounding vessels
- Perform non-invasive total body angiogram accurately
- Detect early signs of stroke
- Detect early signs of cancer in major organs
- Perform a non-invasive virtual colonoscopy to detect polyps and early cancer in the large bowel, helping avoid the discomfort and inconvenience of endoscopic colonoscopy