Dietitians are qualified professionals who apply the science of food and nutrition to promote health, prevent and treat disease to optimize the health of individuals, groups, communities and populations.
At CVSKL, dietitians work closely with consultants and other healthcare professionals to provide the best patient care.
- One-to-one diet consultation for inpatients and outpatients: nutrition education and counselling
- Nutrition support: nutritional supplements, enteral tube feeding, parenteral nutrition
- Nutrition talks, workshops and cooking demonstration
- Health promotion activities related to nutrition in the hospital
- Internship for nutrition and dietetic students
Individual consultations are provided for the following medical conditions:
- Overweight / obesity
- Diabetes mellitus / high blood sugar
- High blood pressure
- Hyperlipidaemia / high cholesterol level
- Fatty liver
- Kidney disease
- Pre and post-heart surgery
- Valve replacement/repairs requiring warfarin therapy
- Any condition requiring nutrition intervention
* Please bring along a referral letter from your doctor together with the most recent laboratory results, if available.